Tips and Procedure to Get a Scholarship Abroad?
- April 16, 2018
- Posted by: administrator
- Category: Educational Scholarships
Applying for a scholarship abroad demands time and strategy. But by achieving this you will obtain a better professional profile, travel to another country where you will face different languages and, at best, you will not have to cover the expenses of maintenance and education, because an entity or a government bet for you.
- English, more than mandatory: The first thing is that most scholarships for college students are in English. You do not have to speak perfect, but you must have the level to pass the two exams that demand: IELTS and TOEFL. For both the B2 is required. Almost all master’s degree programs and other postgraduate programs require certain high scores.
- Be clear about what you desire to study: People make a mistake by first looking for how to finance themselves and then the program they are going to study. They should do it the other way an around and look for more than one program so that they have more possibilities.
- The universities of each country: It is common that they publish them to us and wit,h that they seek that those genuinely interested require information. They can also become partial and not cover all expenses. It is advisable to review the scholarships that fit specific programs such as finance, political science, and government.
- Why do countries offer scholarships: Why do countries offer scholarships to foreign citizens because these countries seek to train citizens who return to their country of origin and can provide a solution to problems for one or two years? That is why it is important to remember that after this preparation it will be returned. The length of the essay depends on each call. However, it must be clear that each call requires a different essay made to the measure of what the bidder of the scholarship requires.
- Letters of recommendation: In general, scholarships for master’s programs require letters of recommendation.
It is ideal for a professor or a thesis advisor to prepare them. The idea of this is to express how much he knows you. On the other hand, the labor recommendation, which can be made by a current or a past boss, must be more than a simple labor certification.
How to Apply for a Scholarship?
- Application form: First of all, you will have to fill out a document with all your data and all those questions that are required. Pay close attention to all the requirements to be met by the applicant.
- Curriculum Vitae: Prepare and update your CV. On the internet, you can find advice on how to develop a good curriculum.
- Academic title: You must have a photocopy of the title corresponding to your studies or the receipt of the request, in case you still do not have it.
- Academic certification of higher education: You will have to present the official academic certification or a certified photocopy, where all the qualifications corresponding to the different subjects and the dates in which they were obtained appear. Also, you must include the average grade of the file.
- Reference letters: It usually is necessary to gather three reference letters signed by university professors or persons chosen for their academic or professional relationship with the applicant.
- Project report: This is one of the most important documents when applying for scholarships in USA universities since that is what can make you stand out from the rest of the applicants. Prepare a report in which you explain the personal motivation that has led you to apply for the scholarship.